- BPA is found in polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins. Medical devices and even cash register receipts have the toxin in it. It can leach into food in plastic containers, especially when they are heated or washed with harsh detergents.
- It can affect behavior and also the prostate and reproductive system.
- Some BPA-free items still have estrogen-like chemicals in them because they use Bisphenol-S (BPS). You need to find BPA and BPS- free cups or use stainless steel.
- Avoid food containers, dishes, and cups with “PC” on them, which is polycarbonate, or have recycling label #7 on them. They will have BPA and BPS in them.
- Choose glass, ceramic, and stainless steel.
Your guide to BPA and avoiding it is below:
http://www.ecobags.com/ <–cotton and BPA safe carrier bags